Student Grant Proposals
Calling all student researchers!
We are inviting students who are interested in conducting their own research to take advantage of this new and exciting opportunity to write a proposal and obtain your own research funding, sponsored by the Biology Department.
This program is designed to provide funding opportunities to students who are interested in pursuing research that is outside the normal areas of inquiry currently offered by the Biology faculty. Students who are engaged in programs such as FSRP typically obtain support through the faculty member. However, motivated and capable students who may have novel ideas for research that fall outside of current faculty efforts may be left without any financial support or mentorship. This program is designed for these students.
- The project must be your own design and your own authored work.
- You must have a faculty mentor, who agrees to supervise the research and who can help you write your proposal.
- The project must be biological in nature.
- The project must involve bench top or field research.
- The proposal is for research expenses and supplies only.