Student Learning Goals and Objectives
- Each student will be an effective communicator with the
ability to prepare and deliver oral and written presentations using
- Students will create well written documents on a
- Students will deliver an effective oral presentation
on a business topic
- Students will use appropriate technologies to enhance
the effectiveness of their written and oral presentations
- Each student will be skilled in critical thinking and
decision-making, as supported by the appropriate use of analytical and
- Students will weigh the significance of key
assumptions used in business decision-making scenarios.
- Students will solve business problems using
appropriate quantitative and analytical techniques
- Students will defend reasoned solutions to business
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in using
appropriate software (e.g., Excel, Minitab, etc.) to solve business
- Each student will be sensitive to the ethical and
justice ramifications of business activities.
- Students will apply a framework for examining ethical
dilemmas in specific business cases.
- Students will identify key concepts in business
- Students will identify social justice issues relevant
to a business decision
- Student's will identify a business decision's
potential impacts on environmental sustainability.
- Each student will be able to appreciate the importance
of integrating business processes across functional areas.
- Students will decide how one functional area impacts
- Students will articulate contributions made by
functional areas to the overall well-being of an organization.
- Each student will be able to apply functional area
concepts and theories appropriately.
- Students will conduct a SWOT analysis for a real or
- Students will discuss implications resulting from
changes in business conditions.