9th Annual Northeastern U.S. Conference on disABILITY
Invitation to Present a Research Poster
Due Friday, August 20, 2010
The submission form will be ready soon!
To accomplish the goals as stated in the mission, the 9th Annual Northeastern U.S. Conference on disABILITY is inviting poster proposals addressing the overall theme of Celebrating the Evolution: The ADA at 20 Years.
Proposals are requested which share relevant research, information and experience related to the Americans with Disabilities Act and its impact on the individuals with disabilities and the society of the United States. Presentations are sought that would enhance the learning of conference participants and influences knowledge acquisition and contribute to quality service delivery by qualified professional personnel. Presentations may focus on a variety of different areas:
- clinical practice (effective treatment modalities)
- consumer participation (in personal decision making, policy development, satisfaction with service outcomes, and/or community life)
- specific disability categories (particular challenges and strategies)
- qualified personnel (strategies for preparing and maintaining through pre-service, graduate, in-service and continuing education)
- organizational structure (function and patterns of service delivery)
- research and demonstration results
Review Criteria for Proposals and Notification
The disABILITY Conference program committee will review and select proposals that will contribute to a well balanced program of interest for the participants of the conference including educators, practitioners, administrators and researchers across multiple disciplines (occupational therapy, physical therapy, nursing, rehabilitation counseling, education, social work, health administration, etc.) as well as individuals with disabilities and their families. The committee will make decisions based on the following criteria:
- Overall relevance to the conference theme of the ADA
- Relevance to the lives of individuals with disabilities, their families and service providers
- Well-defined focus that can be presented in a poster format
- Practical application of the ideas presented
- Originality and timeliness of the idea
The lead presenter for each proposal received will be notified of the decision of the program committee by September 1, 2010.