Distance Education Policy
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Memorial Library provides information, services, and programs that meet the current and anticipated educational, research, and public service needs of the University's students and faculty, regardless of their geographic location. Distance education students are eligible for library services, including instructional services, reference help, and home delivery of books and articles.
The following services are available ONLY to Registered students and faculty:
- Delivery of print-only articles owned by the Weinberg Memorial Library - Articles from newspapers, magazines, or journals that are unavailable from the Weinberg Memorial Library's electronic collections will be scanned and emailed to you.
- Delivery of articles not owned by the Weinberg Memorial Library - Articles from newspapers, magazines, or journals that are unavailable both online and in-print from the Weinberg Memorial Library could be requested through InterLibrary Loan and will be delivered to you by E-mail.
- Delivery of books from the Weinberg Memorial Library - Books are shipped to you by UPS. You are responsible for returning all books to the Weinberg Memorial Library at your own expense, using UPS Ground (contact us first if you must use other shipping options). Use the return label that is provided.
As a student you are eligible for services when:
- You are currently enrolled in courses for-credit at The University of Scranton which are being delivered either off-campus OR via the Internet OR you are completing an independent study or internship off-campus, AND
- you currently reside off-campus.
As a faculty member you are eligible for Distance Education Library Services when:
- You are teaching all of your University of Scranton for-credit course(s) from off-campus, AND
- you do not have office hours on-campus.