Council of Alumni Lawyers
University Staff Contact
Lynn King Andres ’89
Assistant Director, Alumni Relations
CAL: Upcoming Events
The Washington area chapter of the Council of Alumni Lawyers and the Pre-Law Society at the University of Scranton are sponsoring a "DC Law Day" on October 27 for current pre-law students at the University. Students from the University will travel to DC to hear from twelve of our alumni lawyers who are currently practicing law in Washington, both for the Federal government and in private practice. The alumni lawyers will describe their career paths and professional experience practicing in our nation's capital. The day will end with a Networking Reception that will bring together alumni lawyers and current pre-law students.
Program, 1:15 p.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing Room 226
Dirksen Senate Office Building
Networking Reception, 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Room 562, Dirksen Senate Office Building
Alumni Lawyers Participating in the Panel Discussions
- Theresa Pattara '95, Tax Counsel to Sen. Charles Grassley, Ranking Member Senate Finance Committee
- Susan Poswistilo '81, Assistant U.S. Attorney—Boston MA - On Special Assignment to U.S. Dept. of Interior
- Brad Breslin '02, Assistant General Counsel, U.S. Bureau of Prisons
- Wayne Berry '81, Trial Attorney, Office of the Solicitor, U.S. Dept. of Labor
- Carl Fleming '99, Attorney, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Stacy Bach '97, Attorney, US Department of State
- Thomas McGonigle '79, Partner, Murphy & McGonigle
- Carl Thorsen '90, Founder, The Thorsen Group
- Justin Kissinger '03, Staff Counsel, Office of Congresswoman Shelley Berkley (NV-1)
- James Brennan '00, Principal/Corporate Counsel, ES Group
- Jim Noone '66, Partner, Clarke Weinstock & Co.
- Thomas Cawley '66, Litigation Partner, Hunton & Williams
Click here to register.
CAL Chairman, Jack Gallagher, ’69 hosted a Washington DC regional meeting in November 2010. A few weeks later, alumni lawyers from Northeast PA returned to campus for a NEPA regional information session followed by a networking event.
In May 2010, a group of alumni lawyers returned to campus for the Pre-Law Society’s End-of-Year Celebration. Students had the opportunity to participate in round table discussions with alumni lawyers from a variety of practice areas.