SANS Security Awareness Training
New SANS Security Program has begun.
IT Services announces a new session of the SANS Security Training videos we have provided, once again. The program consists of a series of short videos highlighting the dangers of on-line computer data theft. It brings awareness of how identity theft and data breaches happen, using us as the target.
Emails have been sent to all university personnel regarding the program. If there are any questions, contact Jack Williams, IT Training Specialist, at email@example.com.
Logging into SANS Security tips:
- Click the link from the email you received or click https://vle.securingthehuman.org/mod/client/auth/login.php.
- The Username is your former email address, prior to live@edu, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org. You must use the entire former address, not just your login name.
- The Password is your old single sign-on password, prior to live@edu. If you can't remember it or are having trouble with it, a new password will be sent to you from SANS Security. Just contact Jack Williams, email@example.com.
- If you receive a new password from SANS Security, it is best to copy the new password from the email, (Ctrl+C), and paste it, (Ctrl+V), into the password field on the login screen in SANS.
- Any other problems, contact Jack Williams.
SANS Security Awareness Training is comprised of a set of short videos, that will focus attention on the most important target for identity thieves, all of us, the users of computers and other on-line media, here on campus. To help build awareness of the threats we face, IT Services has registered all full-time personnel at the University into the SANS program, an interesting and easy to use training presentation.
New videos have been added to the list and other videos have improved content. These professionally done videos cover the full range of subjects we need to learn about and put into practice, to help reduce the threat level when on-line.
Below is an example of the video offerings. Please click on the Start Button and watch this short, yet effective video.
IT Services Reminder:
All staff and faculty are encouraged to take the SANS Computer Security video training, even if you have taken it before. Many new videos have been added and improvements made to other video content.This important training will assist all computer users on campus to understand how we, as individuals, can be the target of identity thieves or other malicious actors. The videos are short, usually 3 or 4 minutes in length, and very well produced. To access the SANS website, use this link:
On the SANS login screen, enter your former email address, prior to the Live@edu conversion, (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), and your former password. If you are a new employee, contact email@example.com, to setup a new account in SANS. If you have any difficulty logging in, contact: Jack Williams, IT Training Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org .