VoIP Voice Mail FAQ's
What is the difference between my old voice mail and my new voice mail?
We have two voice mail systems. The old system is called Octel and still exists but is used for Centrex only. You would dial x5960 or from off campus 941-5960 to access it.
The new system is called Unity and is used for VoIP Voice Mail. You will dial x2450 or from off campus 941-2450 to access it.
You will see a red light lit and a blinking envelope icon next to the number with voice mail when you have a message instead of stuttered dial tone.
How do I set my new Voice Mailbox up?
- Have your message and new password in mind or written down before calling
- From off campus dial 941-2450 -or- From your VoIP phone on campus press the Messages button on your VoIP phone
- The system says “Enter your ID followed by pound (#)”
- Enter your 4 digit extension and the # key
- Enter your password followed by #”
- Enter your temporary password of 1111 followed by the # keyYou will hear “Welcome to Cisco Unified Communications”
- Follow the system prompts to walk you through set up of your new voice mailbox.
How do I retrieve messages from Unity Voice Mail?
To Retrieve Messages from your VoIP Phone:
- Press the button next to the line with voice mail (blinking envelope next to it)
- Press the Messages Button
- Enter the password followed by #
- IMPORTANT CHANGE – Be Careful:
- Press 1 to Listen
- Press 2 to Save (on Centrex Octel system - was 9 or 339)
- Press 3 to Delete (on Centrex Octel system - was 7 or 337)
- Remember – to access Unity Voice Mail while off campus dial 941-2450, enter your 4 digit mailbox followed by # and your password followed by #