Facilities Operations Department: General Information
FACILITIES OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
The Facilities Operations Department is a service organization
responsible for the planning, construction, renovation, repair, and maintenance
of all University buildings and facilities. The department provides and
administers utilities, architectural and engineering services, grounds care,
recycling programs, custodial services, and annual FIP-FMP programs. Our goal
is to provide these services in a manner consistent with the University of
Scranton's standards of excellence.
Services provided by the Facilities Operations Department include
but are not limited to the following:
- General maintenance and custodial work in all
academic and residence hall buildings, including the services of carpenters,
electricians, plumbers, and HVAC mechanics to ensure a safe and adequate
educational environment for academic and administrative functions.
- Maintenance of classrooms and public spaces
including common space furnishings.
- Maintenance of walks, grounds, and limited
maintenance of athletic facilities.
- Operation and maintenance of utilities.
- Custodial services.
- Elevator maintenance.
- Preventive maintenance for building systems.
- Energy conservation, including installation of
equipment to conserve energy.
- Moving and set-up responsibilities.
- Management of building construction and renovation
- Architectural consultation for small-scale
Anyone with questions concerning the operation and
services provided can call the department at Ext. 6267 or Ext. 7416.