Pennsylvania Society of Public Accountants - PSPA
ACCOUNTING ORGANIZATION OFFERS SCHOLARSHIPS
The Pennsylvania Society of Public Accountants will be awarding three accounting scholarships for the 2011-2012 academic year. The Robert T. Zaleski Scholarship in the amount of $2,000 will be awarded as well as two additional scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each.
The deadline for applications is June 1, 2011.
Scholarship applications can be obtained from your college/university accounting department or online at www.pspa-state.org . Questions should be directed to the PSPA Executive Offices at 1-800-270-3352.
- Applicant must be an Accounting Major.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate student, having completed a minimum of 36 credit hours.
- Applicant must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Applicant must attend a Pennsylvania college or university and must be a Pennsylvania resident.
- Scholarships are given on a competitive basis to applicants who best satisfy the requirement of high academic merit. Leadership potential, extra-curricular activities and financial need may also be considered in detrmining the award recipients.
- Scholarships are awarded in September and are to be used to offset the cost of the applicant's education and related expenses. Scholarship money will be dually made payable to the student and the student's college or university. Awards can be used for tuition, housing, books or ralated expenses.
- The following application must be completed and postmarked by June 1, 2011 in order to qualify for the scholarship. Please note: Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A Transcript from each college, junior college or university attended must be submitted in order to qualify for the scholarship. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
- Send this application and all supplemental documents (tanscripts) to the Pennsylvania Society of Public Accountants. 20 Erford Road, Ste. 200a, Lemoyne, PA 17043. Application, transcripts and other documentation may be sent separately, but complete application must be received by June 1 2011 for consideration.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in September 2011, and the results will be posted on the PSPA website in October 2011.
- Because students compete for these awards, applicants are encouraged to complete all questions. Incomplete applications will be disqualified. Unsigned applications will not be accepted!
- Applications can be obtained at www.pspa-state.org, click on 'Scholarship.' Applications can be downloaded in both Word and PDF formats. Applicants are encouraged to complete the application as a Word document, print it out, sign it and mail it to the address above. Handwritten applications must be completed in ink.