Advice & Information
Mary F. Engel, Ph.D. (email@example.com) is the HPO Faculty Advisor and Director of Health-Professional School Placement. It is to your advantage to meet with Dr. Engel on occasion for advice and feedback regarding where you stand as a pre-professional student. Before visiting Dr. Engel, please download, print, and complete this Self-Assessment Form if you have not yet filled one out this academic year. Then, call Dr. Engel's office at 941-7901 to make an appointment and bring your completed Self-Assessment Form to the appointment.
- HPEC handbook for 2014 Matriculation
- Faculty/Professional Recommender (for students seeking letters of recommendation)
- Average GPA, Test Scores, and Statistics
- AAMC Fee Assistance Program (FAP) Eligibility
- FAQs about the AMCAS Application
- The AAMC's 2013 MCAT Essentials (Required Reading)
- The AAMC's Applicant Responsibilities
- Guidelines for Social Media in Medical Practice
- What you Need to know Powerpoint presentation
- Medican Scientist Training Programs (MSTPs)
Powerpoint presentation by April Troy, MPH
"Medical School Admissions Process"
Powerpoint presentation by Chris Jones, M.D.
"Medical School Admissions: Taking Charge of the Process"
PowerPoint presentation by Tara Gramigna, class of 2011.
"Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) - Moses Taylor Hospital"
service presentation by Mary Grace Rizzo, class of 2010.
"Bound for Betterment Tutoring/Mentoring Program"
PowerPoint presenation by Dario Englot, M.D./Ph.D. student at Yale
University School of Medicine
"Career Choices in Medicine and Science"
- General Interview Tips
- How important is the interview?
- Student Doctor Network Interview Tips - Please read this disclaimer!
- National Health Service Corps - Pays medical school tuition for as many as four years. Each year of assistance must be returned through a year of working in a designated medically underserved area.
- State Loan Forgiveness/Repayment Programs - Available to practicing physicians, residents, and (sometimes to) medical students to repay education loans in return for medical service in the state's medically underserved areas.
- Many Statistics on Applicants and Matriculants to Medical School by the AAMC
- MCAT and GPA Statistics 2001-2012 for all Medical Schools
- MCAT and GPA Statistics by Undergraduate Major
- Averages at The University of Scranton, 1996 - 2012
Health Professions Program's Lending Library