Students for Life
About the Club
Students for Life has been a fixture for years amid the University of Scranton's many student clubs and organizations. For more than 2 decades, undergraduate students have been working tirelessly building a "culture of life". We are a unique student organization founded on the principle that all human life matters. In keeping with Jesuit philosophy, we believe that the building block for social justice and human rights is respect for Human life. Inspired by the Catholic and Jesuit identity of the University of Scranton, Students for life has always promoted the value of human life at all stages and in all forms.
Although we derive our mission from the Catholic faith, we have always been an inclusive club open to University of Scranton students of all backgrounds and beliefs. We are united for the singular cause of promoting human life from existing attitudes that would undermine the preciousness every life possesses.
In working to forge a "Culture of Life", Scranton Students for Life stands in support of:
- Protecting human life from conception until natural death
- Protecting human embryos from certain destruction
- Protecting the elderly and infirm from Euthanasia
- Protecting the convicted from the death penalty
- Protecting the notion that every life counts and "No Man is an Island"