The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations seeks to connect the University and the Greater Scranton community. We invite area residents, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses to engage in the life of the University through campus events, special programs and collaboration. At the same time, we encourage University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting activities taking place in the Scranton area.
Find resources to connect with University life or Scranton area happenings.
Several spring semester classroom projects for area nonprofit and community organizations have placed students directly in the local community and resulted in a “win-win” for all involved. Professors have motivated and engaged students.
Economic and Community Impact
A new 2015 report reviews both the quantitative and qualitative ways in which The University of Scranton makes a positive economic and community impact on the City of Scranton and Northeastern Pennsylvania. Read more.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
Collaborative Partnership Will Revitalize Vacant Hill Section School
- The University of Scranton, Greenspace Properties and Hildebrandt Learning Centers announced a project to convert the former Madison Junior High School building at 528 Quincy Avenue into a state-of-the-art learning center and apartment-style housing to serve the University’s growing population of graduate and international students. Read more.
University Building New Center for Rehabilitation Education
- In the fall of 2013, the University began construction of a new $47.5 million center for rehabilitation education on the corner of Jefferson Avenue and Linden Street. The new building is expected to be completed for the fall of 2015. Read more about the project. Updates about Pedestrian/Vehicular Traffic.
- June 12-14: Alumni Weekend 2015.
- June 16: 6:30 p.m. Greenhouse Project film series: "Fed Up!" $5 donation suggested. Call 570-941-6206.
- June 21: 7:30 p.m. Scranton Brass Orchestra.
- June 22-26: The Scranton Brass Seminar.
- June 22-26: 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Carl Danzig Boys' Basketball Camp for boys ages 7-15.
- June 27: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Women's Soccer Clinic for female soccer players entering grades 9-12 and college-bound freshman.
- July 6-10: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Girls' Basketball Offensive Skills Clinic for girls ages 7-15.