The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations seeks to connect the University and the Greater Scranton community. We invite area residents, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses to engage in the life of the University through campus events, special programs and collaboration. At the same time, we encourage University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting activities taking place in the Scranton area.
Find resources to connect with University life or Scranton area happenings.
The University of Scranton Student government organized more than 300 students, members of student clubs and organizations, for its semi-annual Street Sweep on Saturday, April 16 to clean up and beautify downtown Scranton and the Hill Section.
Study Sparks Dialogue on Need for 'Living Wage' in NEPA
The University of Scranton and The Institute for Public Policy and Economic Development release “living wage” study that reveals the region’s lingering income, job and social services challenges and offers multi-pronged recommendations to bolster family economic security. Read more. Visit Living Wage site.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University's New Building Named Edward R. Leahy Jr. Hall
- The University's new building on the corner of Jefferson Avenue and Linden Street was dedicated and named Edward R. Leahy Jr. Hall. As the 116,360-square-foot new home of the Panuska College of Professional Studies, this state-of-the-art facility houses the departments of physical therapy, occupational therapy and exercise science. A dedication ceremony was held on Sept. 18. read more
- Wednesday, April 20 at 7pm | Latin American Film Festival: "La Batalla de los Invisibles" | Pearn Auditorium, Brennan Hall
- Thursday, April 21 at 6pm | Earth Day: Evening of Envionmental Science | Loyola Science Center
- Saturday, April 23 at 9am | Shakespeare Lives! A Festival | Pearn Auditorium, Brennan Hall
- Saturday, April 23 at 7:30pm | Performance Music 33rd-Annual World Premiere Concert | Houlihan-McLean Center
- Monday, April 25 at 6pm | Capitalism Versus Democracy Schemel Forum Course | Weinberg Memorial Library, Room 305
- Wednesday, April 27 at 8pm | Allison Joseph: Award Winning Poet | McDonnell Room, DeNaples Center 405
- Thursday, April 28 at 8:30am | Catholic Social Teaching and Northeastern Pennsylvania | PNC Auditorium, Loyola Science Center
- Thursday, April 28 at 9am | Clothesline Project by The Jane Kopas Women's Center | Dionne Green
- Thusday, April 28 at 5pm | Take Back the Night Rally and March | Dionne Green
- Friday, April 29 at 12pm | Human Rights and Corporate Accountability Schemel Forum Luncheon | Rose Room, Brennan Hall
- Friday, April 29 - Sunday, May 8 | University of Scranton Players: The Importance of Being Earnest | Royal Theater, McDade Center
- Saturday, April 30 - Sunday, May 1 | Friends of the Library Book Sale | Heritage Room, Weinberg Memorial Library
- Monday, May 2 at 5:30pm | Jay Parini: My Life as a Writer, in Poetry and Prose | Heritage Room, Weinberg Memorial Library
- Monday, May 2 at 6pm | Capitalism Versus Democracy Schemel Forum Course | Weinberg Memorial Library, Room 305
- Friday, May 6 at 3pm | Festival of Nations | DeNaples Center Patio
- Saturday, May 7 at 7:30am | The Allure of Bucks County Schemel Forum Spring Bus Trip | Michener Museum
- Saturday, May 7 at 7:30pm | University of Scranton Jazz Band with Guest-Soloist Eddie Barbash | Houlihan-McLean Center
- Monday, May 9 at 6pm | Capitalism Versus Democracy Schemel Forum Course | Weinberg Memorial Library, Room 305
- Wednesday, May 11 at 7:30pm | University Band, Singers and Orchestra Pre-Commencement Concert | Houlihan-McLean Center
- Friday, May 13 at 12pm | Shared Paths, Divergent Courses: Zionism and Palestinian Nationalism Schemel Forum Luncheon | McIlhenny Ballroom, DeNaples Center
- About Us
- Student & Faculty Service
- Economic Impact
- Health & Education
- Arts & Culture
- Hill Neighborhood
- Points of Pride