Accounting Department News & Events 2010
Daniel Mahoney, Ph.D.
Voted the Outstanding Teacher in
The Kania School of Management
by the business school students 2010
- Did you know...?
- Current Students
- Future Students
- State Boards of Accountancy
- Professional Organizations
- Professional Certifications
Department of Accounting
In Today's ever-expanding world of international commerce, it pays to be fluent in the language of business. Indeed, accounting is defined as the language of business.
Today's accounting professionals are in great demand.
New and exciting niches are developing within the profession.
- Fraud examination/forensic accounting
- Accounting information systems
Accounting is also an excellent foundation for:
- Running your own business
- Pursuing a law degree
- A doctorate degree and teaching in a college or university
Accounting program options include:
Tracks in Accounting:
- General Accounting
- Forensic Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
The success of our graduates is demonstrated by their job placements.
Alumni are employed by:
- Big four, regional, and local public accounting firms
- Many notable firms in private industry
- Governmental and not-for-profit organizations
We encourage you to explore further how the accounting Program at The University of Scranton can help you realize your goals.